1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

If eq2 had a health bar....

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Fuli, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Where would you put it?

I'm putting it at around 17% until death.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Note, this eq2 mob only appears to have three abilities:

(1) Taunt (its customers)
    (2) Punching itself in the face (damage)
    (3) Manipulate cash grab (life tap)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Kokorobosoi

Kokorobosoi New Member

You never know- it might have a panic script?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Senya

Senya Member

I think 17% is being generous.

I think EQ2 is on its last legs unless there's a miracle expansion about to be released and some real customer service improvements made, which I highly doubt.

I'm still hanging around, and I hate to be one of those "the sky is falling" kind of people, but the future of Norrath is not looking good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Inire

Inire Not really an evil duck, just misunderstood.

6. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

People have been saying for a decade this game would die...

Well, I dont know how the hell they keep making enough money on it, because the servers seems so barren and there are no PUGGING happening like in the good old days, maybe only on Fallen Gate, but thats gonna dwindle too soon is my fear.

Somehow they keep the train going.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

Someone cast SoW for a corpse run.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

The rumored grey adorns will save it.

They will add 5000 pot each, 12% fervor, and 200 resolve.

In addition, tanks get double cast healers mit, scouts swd, and casters flurry.

These adorns will be important for expert and raid zones as mobs will have 800b health.

These will be purchased with rng coins dropped from key quests, and to unlock the merchant, all you have to do is:

1. Complete shinie meta (1 req chest rng from each heroic instance).
    2. Far seas trader faction.
    3. Max panda faction
    4. Sig line and all side quests
    5. Max 3 new expac factions
    6. Collect 28,000 random trophy drops from zone trash.
    7. Have your epic
    9. Max tithe on one attribute
    10. Subscribers only

OR....

you can skip all thst and buy them from the cash shop for $79.99 each.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
  9. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Note: collect the entire set of adorns, and you get:

1. A rare ethereal familiar.
    2. Mount that adds 2% flight speed
    3. A lovely house item that tells all Norrath you have achieved #1 customer status.
    4. A new title: "Decimator"

• Winner Winner x 5
  10. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Clearly you are violating NDA posting secret info from eq2 planning meetings! That was brilliant.

• Winner Winner x 4
  11. CoLDMeTaL

CoLDMeTaL Active Member

EQ2 is fine 'for now' they have th4e 'whales' zoned in on the cash shop. As long as they keep those people, no one else matters and the game will go on. If you are 'just paying a sub' and spending a couple hundred a year in the shop, you AREN'T a real customer. Your drag. Accept it and go on. The whales will get off the cash shop, go on a do the stuff you want to do.

12. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I did forget to mention, that as part of the set completion bonus, you also get an adv exp pot, and, a 3 hour ts pot that increases progress by 25%.

I mean, there are always valuable pots - always.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Semperfidelis

Semperfidelis Member

I'll get busy healing it.

My husband and I got our puzzle mounts this past week, both in pugs, each in a different pug. Each of us heard of it in LFG channel, not General.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

I donno about a health bar.

But if they pulled the plug tomorrow I'd probably consider it a mercy kill.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

Many of the games now chase whales big time both MMO's and Non MMO's. Is there an unlimited supply of whales ?
    The games industry seems to think so yet in the mobile FTP market place the whale supply is declining and costs are rising. Food for thought :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Murfalad

Murfalad Guest

Its the same old story for me, while the pay to win element in EQ2 has been increasing, the playerbase decreasing and the graphics staying untouched for years now there is no alternative out there.

I love the varied races in EQ2, Frogloks especially. There is always another WOW-killer MMO just about to come out, big fanfaire and if either falls flat on its face due to the game being broken, or turns out to be a slick WOW clone that then falls flat on its face because WOW was already designed. I'll take interest in a game when they finally offer something original, but all the chainmail bikini nonsense, endless "you are the hero" adoration or other gumpth gets ignored now.

What would be refreshing to see is a MMO where they just had adventurers be a bit more believable characters for once, I've always liked those early D&D drawings where the adventurers did not look a lot different to real people (at least the humans), couple that with some unique game worlds you can interact with more and it could work.