1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

to address "and" exploit

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Wurm, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Wurm

Wurm Active Member

So the loyalty merchants and PG merchants have been removed... I wonder what the sleezebags found to exploit this time around?

And for the sake of Marr... somebody buy DBG a spellcheck :p

• Like Like x 1
  2. Caam

Caam Member

Well at least they were now exploiting them and the players could no longer do it. :D

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Spellcheck wouldn't help.. and is a correctly spelled word.. just the wrong word in this case ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Wurm

Wurm Active Member

Spell Check, in for example Microsoft Word, also checks to see if the grammar and the use of words is correct...

;)

5. CoLDMeTaL

CoLDMeTaL Active Member

Anyone know what the exploit was?

6. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Probably something dealing with the fact it is account-wide currency... since both merchants that use such tokens (loyalty and PG) are the ones removed.
    I've never been the type to look for such... holes.. in the code, so I haven't a clue what the actual exploit might be.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Shmogre

Shmogre Active Member

Can't verify it, but someone said they heard that orange adorns were able to be purchased without checking for Proving Ground marks. Another theory was that something was able to be purchased from the PG vendor for Loyalty tokens.

So really just speculation and nothing concrete...but I'm totally curious, I'm like Mermut and tend not to think that way and I'm oddly fascinated with the things people figure out like that.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Wurm

Wurm Active Member

I don't go looking for exploits for the simple reason I don't want all the hard work I've done over the years on my character destroyed on me.

And so far I haven't found any by accident either, and I hope it stays that way.

And as far as Loyalty Tokens disappearing, maybe that was the bug that the merchant was taking them instead of the PG tokens?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Uxtalzon

Uxtalzon Member

Whoa, that makes almost perfect sense. Completely coincides with Loyalty and PG merchants being removed as well as Loyalty tokens disappearing from players.

Loyalty takes longer to earn so it would be impractical spending them in PG, but accruing marks in massive quantities and spending them on Loyalty merchants would be an issue, especially for the hardcore who made thousands in just the first few days.

Someone copy/pasted some code and didn't differentiate the currencies enough. So much for the third slide on Daybreak's website: "We don’t copy/paste".

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Wurm

Wurm Active Member

Grind thousands of PG tokens... buy bags of plat with them... Profit?