1. Class forums are intended for ALL play styles. PLEASE make use of the Prefixes to specify if your thread is targeted towards Solo, Heroic, or Raid characters. The same AA spec, Spell rotation, or Adornment strategy that works for a progression raid guild doesn't work in Tier 1 grouping.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Mimicry

Discussion in 'Coercer' started by Errrorr, Jan 18, 2017.

?

Do you like Mimicry in current form?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

So I'm curious on the thoughts on Mimicry from the Coercer community.

Personally I hate the ability. There is 0 skill requirement for Chanters to use it, apart from setting up an ACT trigger and finding the most reliable burst DPS. I'd like Chanter DPS to go back to being related to pressing other buttons well.

Thoughts?

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

I would prefer my dps to be more dependent on MY dps rather then somebody else communicating with me for when it's a good time for me to copy them.
    I would also like to see the buffs offered by ALL utility classes to be relevant again.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Inire

Inire Not really an evil duck, just misunderstood.

TBH uniqueness to classes used to be the reason that a class was brought along.

The uniqueness was based on the limitations of the actual itemization vs. the abilities a player and character brought i.e. Jester's Cap was good because reuse was low.

but, then again, DPS is fun, and that is what people like. Perhaps mimicry could be changed? what thoughts there?

4. Scrappz

Scrappz Member

TO be honest, I don't know how it could be changed. The way it works and the description is pretty cut and dry. I guess the only thing that could be changed is what abilities are mimicked and maybe it only works on a certain class.

I suppose this expac, chanters have their purpose in group/raid with all the mana drains in effect. But then again, with 2 coes and maybe a warlock(if you're still running a lock in raid, some aren't but that's not the topic here just mentioning cuz power regen), Illys don't really have too much of a purpose cept dps and a few minor buffs.

I agree that buffs need to become relevant again, and I also believe our dps should be more based on our own abilities. It's nice seeing that 300-500mil parse but then again.. majority of that is just a copy and not my own damage :(

5. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

I'd like to see mimicry decreased by around 50-75%. Even if it was only 25% of its current use, it'd still be one of our best abilities.

However to do this, other abilities would have to be reworked. I'd like to see Peace of Mind be upgraded a bit, as well as Hostage/Theorems. Our encounter based abilities are very lacking too I'd say.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Scrappz

Scrappz Member

Agreed.. PoM is really low on the parse these days, I only keep it cuz of the group pot buff and reset on time warp. Theorems is usually pretty high but that's due to the extra triggers given from time warp.

7. Inire

Inire Not really an evil duck, just misunderstood.

i always liked the cast on the mob, have it do something functions that coercers/illusionists had. but it might go down the route of things that proc, which seems to be an official no-no.

8. stach

stach Member

what would help us out, is if our reactives would doublecast.

• Agree Agree x 2