1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Scouts TLE

Discussion in 'Time-Locked Expansion & Event Servers' started by Venser, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Venser

Venser Member

Hey all, your friendly Swashbuckler fanboy here just makin a thread for all you scout go getters. If anyone is new to TLE and is running a scout or are wondering if you ahould I would be more than happy to help with any questions.

I highly encourage everyone to ask as many questions as they can to further improve themselves for soloing, grouping, and raiding. I also encourage those who do not have a character on the TLE server to give it a try and don't hesitate to contact me here or in-game via /t Venser.

With TSO inching closer new AA trees wil be opining up as well as the addition of 60 AA points to spend. We will be missing out on crit bonus once again when TSO does launch so decisions on AA points may vary due to some circumstances that pertain only to TLE.

Get your void shards and WoE access and lets rock TSO like it's 2009! :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Eyedea

Eyedea New Member

Once upon a time, I remember a certain scout getting beat in a duel by a guardian who was several levels lower than him.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Breezin

Breezin Guest

I wanna be a scout...

• Like Like x 1
  4. delphwind24

delphwind24 Guest

I am new to the TLE server (and to EQ2 in general).

Can you please clarify your above quote for me?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Breezin

Breezin Guest

I'm assuming that he means we won't get crit bonus on TLE until Sentinel's Fate comes to Stormhold.

• Like Like x 1
  6. delphwind24

delphwind24 Guest

What sort of crit bonus are we getting?

Sorry, I realize that may be a dumb question, but as I said, I am new to the game.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Stats like Crit Bonus and Potency didn't exist at the launch of EQ2. The point of Time-Locked Expansion servers is to give players an idea of what it was like to play an earlier version of the game. Because the devs don't have time to go back and rip out all the overinflated stats from thousands of lower level items in the game, they simply disable certain stats until a certain time.

Crit Bonus is completely disabled on TLE right now and it seems likely it would remain blocked until the Sentinel's Fate expansion is unlocked.

• Like Like x 2
  8. delphwind24

delphwind24 Guest

Thank you very much for the info! :)

I cannot seem to find a definitive list anywhere on what stats are released when, do you know of any place (or just have the info yourself) of other stats that are not currently active (and maybe when they will be)?

Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Inire

Inire Not really an evil duck, just misunderstood.

LOL

no one has this. i doubt even the current DBG folks can tell you.

10. delphwind24

delphwind24 Guest

That seems shockingly disorganized ... how disappointing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Inire

is EQ2 your first MMO?

so, when games start out, they're well managed, and the original devs are still around.

13 xpacs later the devs that started out with the game are long gone, and the devs you DO have barely can understand ALL the code. it's not really their fault btw, it's a common issue with long running development projects. Poor documentation and no common coding definitions make things hard over time for maintenance. people tend to think short term for their own behaviors, rather than long term for maintenance or uptime.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. Venser

Venser Member

I have had conversations with Caith about crit bonus on TLE. I do not have screenshots of the convo because it was not in a private chat. However he gave me a time frame of CB (Crit Bonus) release.

KoS was when we actually first saw CB. The only way to obtain any sort of CB was thru AA trees, not gear.

Once EoF hit, again CB was on some AA and there were some pieces of gear that had CB, but very minimal.

When RoK hit CB was on a lot more gear and heavy on raid gear. TSO started the inflation of CB and the rest is history.

Due to encounter mitigation changes and stat allocation on gear the way it is in current time, CB will not be introduced to TLE when we get TSO.

As someone else said we might not see it until SF, but honestly I have no idea when they plan to unlock CB for the TLE server. Right now RTAS (Race to Anashti Sul) is on the devs "maybe" to do list. I am almost certain we will see TSO on Stormhold before RTAS is here.

• Like Like x 2
  13. delphwind24

delphwind24 Guest

Thanks for the update Venser, that makes a lot of sense now! Sounds like DBG's are not so in the dark as a previous poster lead me to believe. Glad to hear it.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Inire

yeah, i tend to be a bit on the negative side. sorry 'bout that.

15. Venser

Venser Member

It's hard to divulge the premise on how the Devs feel about prioritizing maintenance / attention for TLE. I do not think they are on the high road to abandon us even tho at times it may seem that way. With a lot of resources towards other DBG titles, keeping EQ2 on the list of things to-do feels like it's a little bit on the way side sometimes. But we have a full team (small) dedicated to new and improved content for EQ2, which can make it hard to keep a heavy hand on our TLE server. TLE may be new, but the content is old old old.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Inire

tbh i know that the team actually just assigned a dev to do itemization changes JUST for TLE, so that actually gives me a lot of hope.

17. Demoneque

Demoneque Guest

That's interesting to hear, Inire. Where did you hear that we on TLE have a dedicated itemization developer? I think that would be nice if it were true, but I don't know what evidence that we have to say that is true.

Maybe there's a chance that our TSO gear will have upgraded set boni and better stat distribution (as in, do we need to give Wizards DPS/attack speed on much of their gear?).

• Like Like x 1
  18. Venser

Venser Member

Honestly I think in part the new hire-e was speculation for TLE support. From what I understand Caith and Kander are still running the TLE show.

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. Inire

ask Fyreflyte what he does.

20. Venser

Venser Member

Idk when I can get on to ask. what does Fyre do. Waiting to see something in action <_>

• Funny Funny x 1